Thursday, April 8, 2010

Shopping Self Control

I'm like many women, I love to shop. Clothes shopping is not necessarily my favorite thing to do because I'm not the size I wish I was, but it still feels awesome to get a great deal. Getting a great deal always feels good to me, no matter what it is. In the past couple of weeks I've become obsessed with coupons, deals, rebates, etc. I've joined ebates, swagbucks, and I've started following lots of blogs that report on great deals and coupons.
The problem? Our budget is very tight and it's been really hard to resist the bargains for things that we don't *need*. Last week there was a great deal on Halo pajamas for infants on Kids Woot and I jumped on it. I picked out what I wanted and went to check out. Then the voice in my head told me to stop. We don't need pajamas, even if they are an excellent deal. So I closed the browser window, and cursed in my head.
My goal is to find a balance between enjoying my new hobbie (deal finding) and not allowing myself to go crazy and buy things we don't need in order to get the high of getting a great deal. Balance is what I'm going for.
Maybe all those freebies I've signed up for recently will start making their way to my mailbox and that will make me feel better :)

No comments: